Thursday, October 13, 2016

Holocaust compared to the Book of Job

During the Holocost and in the Book of Job people question God. Why do they question God? He allows for terrible things to occur. However the holocaust is a on a much larger scale than the Book of Job. During the Book of Job his life is ruined but in the end everything is put back to the way it was before (besides him having different kids). In the Holocaust over 6 million Jews died.  Both the stories have many similarities and differences.  However The Book of Job is just A small scale of example of God causing harm. In the Holocaust over 6 million people died and is on such a large scale. Moshe Yosef Daum and Fela Nussbaum we're both in the Holocaust. Their son Menachem Daum says “A God who limits himself to actions that we humans can understand couldn’t possibly be God.” This shows that he really believes God has reaspn for the Holocaust but not one we are supposed to understand. He believes a God that did stuff only that we could understand wouldn't be God. Dora Lefkowitz takes a different approach she says "I cannot see a God who will allow a little baby to be killed for no reason at all. And I really lost my belief then, right there and then. I had one sister and two brothers. I was the oldest and the only survivor of my family." She is similar to Job in that at a certain point of so much suffering they gave up in their faith. I personally would of lost faith in God if I saw so many innocent people be killed. However I think the suffering in the Holocaust is greater than in the Book of Job so I don't blame for some people losing faith and I support people who still have faith in God.

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment