Thursday, September 29, 2016

Is God really that nice?

In Genesis 6-9 the story of Noah's ark is told. In this story I read to find the characterization of God. In the story God shows moments when he is a jerk and not caring about other people. However in certain parts God realizes that he was being not very nice and apologizes. God decides to put and end to all humans by means of a giant flood. He tells one human Noah to take his family and each animal of its kind on a giant arc that he needs to build. He does this and the flood lasts 40 days and 40 nights. Everything that wasn't on the boat died. When he got off and the storm was over he still praised God. God felt bad for trying to kill all the humans and made a covenant with Noah to never try to kill all the humans again. This story really goes against what I believed in God, I always thought of him as a great person who always cares for everyone but in the story he is a jerk and commits a genocide against all humans. This is not even close to what I think of God as when I think of him. As the story progresses God becomes a little more like the one I always imagined. He apologizes for his actions and realizes what he did was wrong. God may have wrong actions at certain times but it my opinion he is still a good person.





No comments:

Post a Comment